JOB TITLE: Social Enterprise Officer
LOCATION: Salima – Nanjoka area to be based at Kindle`s field office.
Kindle Orphan Outreach (KINDLE) is a local Christian, charitable, non-denominational, non-profit, non-governmental organization established in Malawi in 2000 and registered as a Trust in 2002. KINDLE is an acronym for “Kids in Need Deserve Love and Encouragement”, and was founded from the desire to bring the light of Christ’s hope to orphans, vulnerable children, and their guardians. KINDLE works with communities to support orphans and vulnerable children to reach their full potential as productive members of society. KINDLE’s strategy lies in four main areas, namely: Health, Education, Community Development and Spiritual Social. Social enterprise has newly been introduced to help anchor the four to improve the organization Outcomes.
- Under the supervision of the Executive Director, Social Enterprise Officer will assist in the process of implementing and expanding KINDLE’s social enterprise programs as well as departmental research.
- Identify and secure additional sources of capital beyond the traditional donor base
- Write concepts, business plans and reports (financial & non-financial) for social enterprise projects as well develop proposals where appropriate.
- Manage social enterprise cash flow and growth strategy.
- Conduct specialized research for business development and planning.
- Implement together with the program’s manager the approved plans, programs and activities within the approved budget.
- Analyze financial projections and past performance for revenue generating programs.
- Analyzing existing operations, crops, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understand expectations.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on Kindle`s farm
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Agriculture Economics or Agribusiness
- Experience in handling finances for a social enterprise a plus
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy and thorough internet knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to multitask achieve results in a timely manner
- Positive and learning attitude.
- Any other duties
Safeguarding and the well-being of children is central to the ethos of our organization hence we expect those who will be successful to abide by the child safeguarding policy of the organization.
Applications clearly marked position and title on top of the envelope /Email subject should be sent to;
The Human Resources Manager
KINDLE ORPHAN OUTREACH
P.O. Box 311,
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not later than 28th February, 2023.